Monday, November 12, 2007

Miss Paw Paw ~ Blossomtime pageant :)







On Sunday afternoon I had the pleasure of working backstage with many lovely contestants from the Paw Paw area for a combined Teen and Miss pageant! It is a prelim for the Miss Blossomtime pageant held on the west side of the state! I had never heard of it before and I was thrilled to be asked to speak to the contestants before the competition began and also have an on-stage interview as well! I was invited by the pageant director, Mr. Josh Grimes, to share my pageant experiences with the girls because most of them had never participated in a pageant before! But you wouldn't have known that as they really showed a great deal of confidence and poise for newbies! I was so proud of each one of them for doing such a great job! :)

Mr. Grimes was hilarious and made everything so much fun!! The event was done so nicely and professionally, but the girls were definitiely the stars of the show!! My interview was a blast and Mr. Grimes put me at ease immediately!! He said I could talk for as long I wanted!! I did talk for a bit, but I was anxious to get back to see the rest of the competition as I wanted to see who won!! Thank you, Mr. Grimes, for including me in such a special night!

While I was talking backstage, before the pageant started, it was my honor to meet the new Miss Southwest Michigan, Kaylee Magroo!! She came as visiting royalty too and shared her talent routine (a monologue from Steel Magnolias) which almost had me in tears ~ she was so convincing. The only reason I was able to hold it together was because my interview was up right after she was done! Kaylee and I hit it off immediately when we met!! She is an amazing person and absolutely gorgeous with a warm and genuine personality! She and I share the same platform of building confidence in youth while speaking on self-esteem issues! We are both Christians and we know the gift that has been given to us as titleholders because of the Lord's blessings!

I plan to attend the Blossomtime pageant to see each city titleholder come together and compete for the Miss Blossomtime title!! I'll let you know how it goes! :)

1 comment:

Cody said...

You were a GEM! We were so honored to have you and I cant wait to see whats in store for you! Thanks again for coming!- Joshua Grimes