Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4th parade!! :)


























On July 4th I rode in the Clarkston parade! This parade is the largest July 4th parade in all of Oakland county! There were 123 units and I was #116! I love a parade and seeing all of my friends, family, teachers, and church family was a thrill!


This year the theme was "American Heroes" and many of the floats and displays were outstanding! One of them was a beautiful white (fake) horse with George Washington who was kneeling in front of it as he prayed. Another one was all about the 2008 Olympics which took first place this year!


I got to see Danielle Dominski in the parade too! She was the only other pageant person that I saw. She was representing "Miss Oakland for Miss Michigan USA" as she will be competing for Miss Michigan this September. She was 2nd runner-up this last year and her cousin Chelsea Dominski was in my court when I won Miss Michigan Teen USA 2008! This year they will compete against each other in the Miss division and I can't wait to see how it turns out!!


It was a very special day to be a part of something that we can all celebrate no matter our religion, political views, color or race . . . the birthday of our country! I am very proud to be an American and I hope that you are too! :)

No comments: