Saturday, July 19, 2008

National American Miss reunion!! :)


























In July of 2006 I was crowned Miss Michigan Jr. Teen's National American Miss and every year I go back to cheer all of the new contestants on as they compete!
I went back this year to visit with my former Directors Lew and Patti Schneider, my dear friends Mrs. Gatewood, and Marci Gatewood, Joe & Kara, Joy, Amanda, and all of the staff! It was a very special reunion for me to see everyone again! NAM was one of the first pageants I ever competed in and it holds a very special place in my heart and always will!
As I watched each competition in every age group all those butterflies that I used to feel standing on that satge came back to me! I was so excited to see who would be crowned and I think the judges did a fantastic job of choosing this years 5 queens!! In fact, Caitlin Klug, who crowned me as Miss Michigan Teen USA 2008, and was the former Miss Michigan Teen USA 2007 won the teen division! And another red head (like me) McKenzie Caprara won Miss Jr. Pre Teen! She is such a cutie!

My prayers are with the 5 queens who will be competing at Nationals in California around Thanksgiving time! It was amazing experience for me and a ton of fun!!! Good luck girls! I love you all!! : )

No comments: