Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saline Celtic Parade!


This had to be the craziest weather parade I have ever been in!!!!! It rained so hard that my dad could barely see out the front window of the car and I never got out of the car the whole time!! I literally sat in the front passenger seat waving to all of the people as they stood shivering on the sidewalk with umbrella's fighting against the wind!!


I am Irish and was honored to be invited to participate in the Celtic parade in Saline, MI on July 12th. I had hoped to go into town after the parade and enjoy all of the Celtic events. The costumes that many others wore in the parade were very authentic to the Celtic heritage, but they were soaked to the bone. It is too bad the weather did not cooperate because evryone really looked great!


Even though my title will be up as Miss Michigan Teen USA 2008 I hope to return to the Celtic celebration next year!

No comments: