Sunday, December 9, 2007

New York City . ..here I come!!!! :)

I was so surprised to find a lovely certificate of appreciation for my work with the National Osteoporosis Foundation (NOF) that arrived in the mail for me last week!!!

Even more surprising, and a million times better, was a phone call from Kris House, the Event Coordinator, with an invitation to NYC to their 13th annual Gala Ball!! NOF is flying my mom and me out to NYC on Friday, May 16th to attend the biggest fund-raiser of the year!!! They are putting us up in the Waldorf Astoria for two nights and flying us back on Sunday!!! We were so shocked and we can't wait!
Last year Joan Rivers and her daughter, Melissa, were the hosts of the Silhouette Ball! There were many celebrities in attendance and I can't wait to see who will be there this year! So many people volunteer a tremendous amount of their time and effort to help raise awareness of this very important issue! It has truly been my honor to be a part of this organization and hear all about them at the Gala!

Mom and I are already planning some of the places we want to visit while in NYC: Ford Modeling Agency, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Upper East Side, and the Statue of Liberty! I have no idea if there will be enough time to see all of that, but we sure will try!

Of course there will be so much more to tell you when I return and I will fill you in on all of the details!

Oh, I am soooooooooooo blessed!! :)

No comments: