Friday, December 21, 2007

American Red Cross !!!































Thursday night, Dec 20th, I volunteered my time to the American Red Cross Blood Drive in my hometown of Clarkston! I met some very lovely people and I was amazed how many of them have given blood over several years!


I was very excited to give my own blood and went through the registration. Then they tested my blood and I learned I was "deferred." My iron level was .01 under their requirement!!!!!!!!! I was bummed out and will be taking my vitamins and eating more veggies so that I will be ready for the next blood drive. I hope I pass next time! In the meantime, I was given a little sticker to wear that said "I Tried!!"

My friend and Clarkston News Writer, Trevor Keiser, came to do an article on my first Blood Drive and my giving blood to share with our readers. I feel bad that he made the trip for nothing. I know that sounds silly, but I wanted to give my blood, but it just wasn't right this time, but I WILL try again! Trevor was so great about it and told me not to worry! He is such a good trusted friend and my brother in Christ!

Bless their hearts, my mom and dad came and they both gave blood! I have some pics of my dad GIVING! They made me so proud!!

Won't you give . . . .please???!!!

No comments: