Sunday, September 7, 2008

Arts & Apples Festival!! :)






















I have to be quick with this entry as my dad is leaving for France in about an hour for 10 days and there goes my laptop! I won't be able to enter anything until the 16th of Sept!

Yesterday, September 6th, I went to the Arts and Apples Festival in Rochester Hills to judge a pie eating contest!! This was my first attempt at judging pies, but I loved it!! Of course every pie was . . . apple! There were 8 entries and each pie tasted delicious! Thankfully, I was not the only judge!! The Mayor of Rochester and a Channel 7 news anchor also helped me with the final decision! We decided the best of the best had a hint of chocolate in it and it was unanimously the favorite for all three of us!
The top three bakers got a beautiful hand painted pie plate for their future creations! I just have to say I got the biggest laugh out of the two ladies hiding behind their plates (see picture)!! They looked like they were saying something about the winner and I couldn't help but giggle! Truly they were great sports and we all had a wonderful time! I am so glad I was invited to judge this event! I am super happy it was after the National competition so I could really enjoy the pies! And I did!! :)

I wish I could have gone through all of the booths at the festival, but I had to rush off to a wedding in Grand Rapids by early afternoon and had hours of travel ahead of me! Now that I know about the Arts & Apples Festival I hope to return next year and take it all in!

No comments: