Friday, May 23, 2008

Young Person of The Year Award !! :)






On Thursday morning, May 22nd, I attended a lovely breakfast held at the Deer Lake Athletic Club in Clarkston to recieve the "Young Person Of The Year" award!! This award is from the Clarkston Chamber of Commerce and the Community Awards are given during Michigan Week! I recieved a letter in early May that I had been nominated for this award by people in the community that knew of my volunteer work here in Clarkston and other Oakland county communities as well. It was truly an honor to recieve this award and one that I will always treasure.


In my thank you there was soooooooooooooooooo much I wanted to say but didn't. I wanted everyone to know that when I began volunteering when I was 12 years old and even now I never thought about winning awards for volunteering because it is something I am passionate about. I simply volunteer to help others and it comes straight from my heart. I always try to be a blessing to others, but I am the one who walks away blessed with more blessings than my heart can hold!!

If you are not volunteering I hope that you will at some point in time. It does take time and I know how busy life can get. But I can't think of anything that is more fulfilling.


There were several other award winners as well and I enjoyed hearing how they volunteer in our beautiful community too. Congratulations to all of them! :)


After the breakfast we watched a video of all the winners and heard their stories of volunteering including mine. We were each given beautiful framed certificates signed by various city and state leaders, , plaques, and a copy of the video which I think is a really nice momento for each winner. It was a very special morning for me and my parents! I hope that I am a positive role model to others, of all ages, and that others will begin volunteering too!

No comments: