Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Official Teen Ambassador for NOF!! :)

On Saturday morning, March 1st, Kris House came to pick us up to take us to the airport at 7:45am. While we were driving, Kris said that Leo Schargorodski was supposed to announce that I have been named the official Teen Ambassador for NOF!!!!! I am so humbled and truly blessed by this honor!!! :)

This has been a goal of mine ever since I first contacted NOF in February 2007!! I waited for one year, but it has all been worth it! I am so incredibly blessed!!! I hope that I have helped the organization by making an appearance and speaking on Capital Hill on their behalf!! I am continuing my efforts to get the word out about Osteoporosis by writing a book called "No Bones About It!" and hope to have the manuscript done by April 30th. That is my personal deadline, but with schoolwork, school and community activities, community service, and Charity events, it has been hard to stay with it consistently. I just keep plugging away at it when I can!

It is important to me that others know this is a lifetime commitment not just something I did for a pageant. My efforts began a year ago and for it come to fruition is very satisfying in a way that is hard to explain. This is a cause that I am very proud to support and lend my time to. Not for a day, a month, a year, or a pageant . . . but for a lifetime!! :)

If you are interested in helping out, please consider making a donation to NOF and please let them know I sent you! Thank you so much!! :)

No comments: